We are proud to be launching our 2017 Work experience opportunities for Year 13 students – Business Insight Week & Big Data Summer Camp.
Open to Yr13 pupils who demonstrate a genuine interest in PwC and the world of business. Find out more about PwC – https://goo.gl/gjuCwN
Applications are open now and students can apply through the PwC website:
Business Insight Week
For students in Year 13, our Business Insight Week will put them through their paces, with guidance and support every step of the way to explore the work we do and the opportunities we can offer them. They will spend time with teams working on live projects and buddying up with a member of the PwC team just a little older than them. They will get a unique insight into how the world of business works and what it’s like to start your career here. They will spend time identifying the employability skills they already have and how they can develop these further to give them the best possible start to a career in business.
Big Data Summer Camp
New for 2017, our Big Data Summer Camp will give students the opportunity to learn from some of our experts in this field who’ll give them an insight into how the skills they are developing are being implemented to help our clients use their data to gain a competitive edge. Big Data represents a fundamental shift in business decision-making. Our clients are used to analysing internal data like – sales figures, staff levels and stock counts. Now they’re increasingly under pressure to analyse external data too. Understand customer sentiment through social media, competitor performance in local and global markets, and the supply chain risks and opportunities.
For both programmes, students will need to be:
· Currently in year 13 and studying for AS levels or equivalent.
· Interested in taking their first steps towards a career in business, finance or technology.
· Available for a week during the summer holidays (visit our website for further details)
· They will need to be on course for a 96 UCAS tariff at A level (excluding general studies)
· They will need to have achieved a GCSE grade C in Maths and English
· Committed to their career ambitions and able to explain to us why they want to complete the programme.
For more information and to apply visit pwc.com/uk/schools/work-experience