Good attendance and punctuality are crucial to your progress in school. Pupil attendance is monitored on a regular basis. Absence from school without permission will be regarded as a serious breach of school regulations. If you are absent due to illness or any other unavoidable reason the following procedure must be observed:-
1. The reason for absence must be recorded on the pro-forma available in the student planner and signed by a parent/guardian.
2. Students must present their signed reasons for absence to the School Office on the morning of the day of their return to school.
Appointments should be arranged outside school hours whenever possible. If it is unavoidable and an appointment takes place during the school day, the following procedures will apply:
1. Any student requesting permission to attend an appointment must present a note written and signed by a parent/guardian and giving the reason for the request to the School Office NO LATER THAN the morning of the day of the appointment.
2. The pupil must sign out of school at the office before leaving school for the appointment and sign in upon return to school, when applicable.
Pupils may not leave the school grounds during the school day without permission.
Punctuality is an important part of self-discipline and essential to good time management. Pupils are required to be at their registration class at 8.50am. In the event that a pupil arrives late to school the following procedures apply:
1. The pupil must report to the School Office and sign the Late Book to provide a reason for being late.
2. The pupil will be recorded as late on the school’s official register.
3. Lateness will be monitored on a regular basis. Pupils with poor punctuality will be subject to sanctions in line with school policy.
Illness during the school day
Students who become ill during the school day should report to the school office having been excused from class by the class teacher. Students are not permitted to contact their parents nor leave school without permission.