With the return of your Year 12-14 students, Work Inspiration have a couple of things to share with you.
- Pinsent Masons Summer Work Experience Programme Graduate Careers in Law – Training Contracts, Vacation Placements at Pinsent Masons– 16-19 August – applications close for this on 31 March. Open to students who are 16+ and in 6th year and who are interested in a career in law. The 4 days will be virtual and students will have the opportunity to take part in live workshops and will be assigned a supervisor. Full eligibility details are here: United Kingdom | Pinsent Masons – Graduate Careers In Law. If students want to apply, they can apply online here – this is a competitive process: Job Description – 2021 Legal School Work Experience (16-19 August)N.Ireland (2000007J) (taleo.net)
- Pinsent Masons ‘open access’ Virtual Work Experience – this is a ‘self paced’ programme and should take students 5-6 hours to complete. This is open access Virtual Work Experience | Pinsent Masons – Graduate Careers In Law . Students will need to register on to the programme to get access to the content. This is a behind the scenes look at a law firm and will assist students in deciding if a law career is for them. Registratiion page here: Pinsent Masons – Virtual Experience Programme – Forage (theforage.com)
- Aspiring Medics – Brighton and Sussex Medical School have some more ‘outreach’ activities talks that will be useful for students considering ‘medicine’. Events – BSMS As always, these talks book up fast, so would suggest early booking. Details of the relevant talks are below:
- Let’s Talk About Death and Dying (Lecture Series) – 7 April 6.30-7.30pm – there are places on this Let’s Talk About Death and Dying – BSMS
- Journey Through the NHS – 20 April 5-6pm – there are places on this Journey through the NHS – online talk – BSMS
- Student Life – What is is like to be a medical student – 21 April 5-6.30pm – there are places on this Student Life – What is it like to be a medical student? – BSMS
- Getting Into Medicine – Online Talk – 11 May – 5-6pm – there are places on this but they go really quick: Getting into Medicine Tickets, Tue 11 May 2021 at 17:00 | Eventbrite
At the moment, we have had no advisement from our organisations as to when they will be able to return to ‘in person’ activity. As always we continue to try and encourage them to deliver activity virtually and online and we will share any activities that are coming up.
Work Inspiration Programme Manager
Work Inspiration Noticeboard: http://workinspiration-ni.com/site/noticeboard/